Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It Goes On

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It. Goes. On. - Robert Frost

I love you. But maybe it's time to let you go.

...Nope.

People change, nothing new here.
People, being the viruses they are, always mutate into something new. Immune to one thing and easily infected by something else.

I feel in the upcoming months I may lose you. For you will be immune to me and immersed in your new life.
Embarking on a new journey.
The two of you together.
With stories even Stephen King couldn't write.
Everyday a new story.

And I couldn't be happier.

But me...

I'm still here.

It's hard for me to imagine life without you.
Impossible, actually.

But maybe you'll come back someday.

I'll be here when you do.

Other parts of my life will thrive.
And flourish.
I will go on.

But me.
The true me.
Remains stationary.
Until, if ever, you decide to return.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment